I acquired the Simon Says Stamp (SSS) Spring Flowers stamp set during a sale earlier this year. What can I say about Spring Flowers? You can never have enough floral stamp sets hahaha… This one is nice though because its just the outline of the flower and stems with like stitched accents. This set is great for water colouring and ink blending.
I decided to work on my water colouring for the two cards below. Both were painted using Distress Ink.
Left: heat embossed with white embossing powder prior to water colour painting and painted with Candied Apple, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, and Lucky Clover
Right: heat embossed with gold and painted with Tumbled Glass, Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn, Spun Sugar, Milled Lavender, and Wilted Violet
I also decided to do some ink blending with this stamp set. I spent a bit more time making this card as I had to fussy cut all the flowers out. SSS just recently released the coordinating dies for this set. I don’t have them yet but it would definitely save time if I had them.
Here’s how I made this card:
- Cut out white card base to A2 size and stamp background using MFT’s Mini Hexagon Background in light grey ink. I used Mama Elephant’s Moonlight.
- Die cut border with purple card stock. I used MFT’s Vertical Stitched Cover Up Companion and cut out the middle section and adhered it to my card front with 3M foam adhesive.
- Stamp and white heat emboss floral images and leaves and stems and fussy cut them out.
- Ink blend cut out pieces. I used Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Lucky Clover, Dusty Concord, Shaded Lilac, Carved Pumpkin, Mustard Seed, Abandoned Coral, Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar, Salty Ocean, and Tumbled Glass.
- Positioned cut out elements and adhere them with 3M foam adhesive to card front.
- Stamp sentiment and adhere sequins.
For the sentiment I used Simon Says Stamp Choose Happy stamp set. SSS always makes awesome sentiment stamp sets! The Choose Happy stamp set is full of unique sentiments such as,”Do things that make you happy within the confines of the legal system” and, “I hope you always find a reason to smile”. The sentiments are vague enough so they can be used for a variety of occasions like birthday cards and just because cards. Love it!
That’s all from me for today. I hope you guys liked the cards! Have a fabulous weekend. Like always, links below for products I used if anybody is interested.