Hooray for days off! I haven’t had time to used MFT’s Magical Unicorns yet so I’m pulling it out for the first time! These are the cutest unicorns ever! I love how there are several accessory and background stamps included in the set, such as, wings, clouds, castle and rainbow. MFT also released a stand alone rainbow die called End of the Rainbow die-namics that I wanted to get but it unfortunately sold out so I guess I’ll have to wait until next time. Too bad, it would have gone with the unicorn set so well…
Anyways, I decided to make a slider/spinner card with this unicorn set to enter in day 2 of MFT’s Camp Create. I’ll be using Lawn Fawn’s Slide on Over dies for this. MFT also has a similar set called the Surf and Turf Die-namics. I ended up buying Lawn Fawn’s set out of sheer convenience because it was available to me first.
Here’s images of both die sets for comparison purposes if anybody is interested and debating over which one to get.The Lawn Fawn set doesn’t come with the scenery edge or disc cover dies but I felt like I would be okay without them. Instead of using the disc covers I find using a penny is sufficient. For more information please see the following links:
So this is the card I came up with for this challenge:
See it in action here:
Here’s how I made it:
- Cut white card stock with largest size of MFT’s Wonky Stitched Rectangle die and ink blend with Distress Ink. I used tumbled glass, mermaid lagoon, and spun sugar.
- Stamp, colour, and cut out Unicorn and Castle. I used Copics: B02, B00, E31, E33, 0, YG06, YG11, R20, V01, V04, Y06, Y11, E47, E43.
- Die cut cloud (I used Mama Elephants Landscape Trio) and place on ink blended panel to mark out where to cut slider channel, making sure to take into consideration that the Unicorn will be able to freely move. Cut slider channel with die.
- Take scrap piece of white card stock (big enough to put behind the slider channel) and ink blend the same as other panel.
- Stamp and heat emboss stars in background of large ink blended panel and adhere cloud.
- Die cut Happy script (I used Mama Elephant’s Happy Script Creative Cuts) once in black glitter card stock and twice in purple card stock. Stack and adhere them together.
- Cut small fishtail banner out of green card stock and stamp and heat emboss birthday text with platinum embossing powder.
- Adhere castle, happy script, and birthday fishtail banner to card.
- Adhere a circular dimensional adhesive to a penny on the back side of the slider channel and adhere the other side to the unicorn.
- Cut A2 size purple card stock as card front and adhere scrap piece of ink blended card stock to it, making sure that it’s visible with the slider channel over top.
- Use two layers of foam adhesive on the back of large ink blended panel and adhere to purple card front.
- Stamp inside sentiment.
UPDATE: JULY 25, 2017 I remade this card and made a Youtube tutorial. Check it out!
That’s all from me for now. Tomorrows Camp Create challenge is a watercolour challenge so look forward to that. If anybody is interested in the supplies I have used, they are listed below.