I tried to do 5 cards in 5 days and I totally couldn’t!! 😦 I managed to do 4/5 then life got busy with things like evening shift, Father’s Day, and sick hubby, so I’ve been trying to take care of him too. I was too busy to even make a Father’s Day Card for my own dad or Father in law. Next year, I’ll plan better.
I finally got around to making a shaker card for day 5 of MFT Camp. I feel like MFT’s Strike Up the Band stamp set is one of my most used MFT stamp sets. I love the style that the rabbits were drawn in. I also really like the fact that there are so many different rabbits playing different instruments and includes several matching sentiments. My favourite rabbit is the one playing the trumpet so I’ll use him as the star of my shaker card!
I had recently received MFT’s London Skyline Die-namics as a surprise free die with $60 purchase from MFT. This was a great surprise and it’ll make it’s stash debut on my blog today.
I decided to do a sunset background using Distress Inks and blended mustard seed, carved pumpkin, and abandoned coral together and set this panel aside. I left the bottom quarter white because it was going to be covered up by something anyways.
I stamped, die cut, and coloured the trumpet playing rabbit using Copic Markers: B05, B02, E33, E31, YG06, G00, Y08, Y06. I then proceeded to die cut the frame, London skyline, and banner. I heat embossed a sentiment from the same stamp set as the marching band bunny in white embossing powder. Acetate was cut down to size and the frame, skyline, and rabbit were adhered into place on the acetate using Ranger Multi Matte Medium. The acetate panel was flipped over and a double layer of 3M foam adhesive was used to create a space to contain the shaker components. I tried to get rid of static using a dryer sheet by rubbing it over the ink blended panel as well as over the acetate on both sides. I grabbed different kinds of confetti and other shaker components and placed it in the centre of the ink blended background and adhered the acetate panel over top, taking care that the shaker components were within the boundaries of the foam adhesive. To finish the card, the banner was mounted with foam adhesive and the whole card front was adhered to a card base.
That finishes my card for the last day of Camp Create! I had so much fun making it and I hope you guys like it! Time for me to get ready for bed…. Have a good night!
Links below for products if anybody is interested in anything I used in this post.