Here’s this weeks challenge:
I decided to make this week’s sketch challenge a shaker card. I was on a roll lately using MFT’s Vertical Stitched Cover Up Die so I figured I would just keep using it.
Three things that I have been trying to do lately:
- Use stamps and dies I haven’t gotten around to using yet
- Get more use out of my cover up dies
- Make multiples of similar cards in one sitting
Since I’m making lists, here’s another one…
While making these cards I discovered that:
- the banana stamped images go great inside a shaker card.
- I should have bought these MFT Leafy Greenery dies! They would have been great to use on this card.
- the Spectrum Noir Sparkle Clear Overlay Pen is currently my favourite crafty thing. You’ve probably all realized that if you’ve kept up with my last few projects. Everything is better with a little bit of sparkle… 😀
Watch how the card came together here:
My birthday present to myself this year was a Brother Scan N Cut Machine. I know, I know, pricey little thing but I bought it at London Drugs and I managed to get the price down by price matching Amazon! I’m currently loving it! I was so indecisive about buying it so I spent the last couple months researching various machines that do similar things. I felt the Brother Scan & Cut suited more of my needs and I didn’t care about the extra functions or cartridges you could buy. I also really like the fact that it’s a stand alone machine and that I don’t need a computer to use it. It’s been a couple weeks now and I feel that it was a great investment that will save me time and money in the long run.I’m really looking forward to not having to buy coordinating dies.There haven’t been any problems yet but if I ever do have any, I’ll be sure to voice my concerns about it here so you all know ^_^.
It’s been a couple weeks now and I feel that it was a great investment that will save me time and money in the long run.I’m really looking forward to not having to buy coordinating dies. There haven’t been any major problems yet but if I ever do have any, I’ll be sure to voice my concerns about it here so you all know ^_^.