I’m loving pop up cards lately. They also currently seem to be popular. I made this box pop up card a while ago and decided to give it a go again but with MFT products so I could enter it in the You Could Be A 2016 Card Design Superstar Contest as my second entry.
I decided to stick to the pile of stuff that I have sitting on my desk that I’ve been meaning to use for a while. I used MFT’s Forest Friends stamp set for my first card entry but I wanted to use it again because I’m still loving the Autumn theme I have going and that bear from that stamp set. I decided that I wanted my pop up to depict animals celebrating a birthday in the forest. I also wanted to use as many MFT products as I could on this card. So this is what I came up with…
Second entry for MFT's Card Design Superstar Contest. Pop Up birthday box card using 8 different MFT products. #mftstamps #simonsaysstamp #inkblending #copicmarkers #popupcard #boxcard #interactivecard #birthday #birthdaycard #forestanimals #papercraft #diycard #handmadecards #cardmaking #yeglocal #madeincanada #etsyfinds #stamptember
If you’re unfamiliar with how to make a box card, check out the video below.
Stamp sets and dies used on this card:
- MFT Forest Friends Stamps : Bear
- MFT Sweet Forest Friends Stamps : Rabbits and deer
- MFT Beary Special Birthday Stamps : Balloons, party hat, and presents
- MFT Adorable Elephants Stamps : Butterflies and sentiment
- MFT Mirror Image Clear Stamp : to flip the bear image
- MFT Star Celebration Background Cling Stamp : embossed with Simon Says Stamp Embossing Powder Antique Gold Ultra Fine Detail to decorate all the panels
- MFT Birch Trees Die-Namics
- MFT Stitched Mini Scallop Circle Die-namics: to house the Happy Birthday sentiment
I sponged some Gathered Twigs Distress Ink on the birch trees and the leaves I already had left over from my last card entry here . I used the Mirror Image Clear Stamp for the first time and used it to flip my bear image. I used VersaFine Onyx Black Ink on the MIrror Image Stamp followed by my Copic Multiliner to fill in the gaps where the ink didn’t completely transfer. I coloured all the images with Copic Markers and adhered them in place. I finished up the card by taking my favourite Spectrum Noir Sparkle Clear Overlay Pen and brushing the balloons, butterflies, and party hat with shimmer.
That finishes up my second entry for this contest. Hope you all are having a fabulous weekend.